Jesus once told His disciples, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it." Since 1961, GFA Missions has assisted hundreds of men and women who have made a commitment to lose their lives for the sake of Christ and His Gospel. GFA exists to assist career missionaries who have made such a commitment to be successful in what God has called them to do.
- Clear salvation testimony
- Testimony of an upright character, polite manner, and teachable spirit
- Membership in a Bible-believing church
- Testimony of faithful church attendance and zeal for Christian service
- Completed course of study from a Christian university or Bible institute
- Satisfactory preparatory studies in any specialized ministry
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of GFA
- Good physical, mental, and emotional health
- Resident of USA or Canada
- Pastoral recommendation
- If married, a testimony of faithfulness in marriage. For the sake of consistency, GFA does not process the applications of divorced persons.
As a mission agency, one of our primary ministries is providing the career missionary's supporting churches with a clear testimony of integrity in respect to ministry and finances. The Apostle Paul, who sought to provide "things honest . . . in the sight of men," is an example of a "career missionary" who sought to maintain a sterling testimony (1 Cor. 16:3-4; 2 Cor. 8:18-22). Perhaps you, like the Apostle Paul, are looking for a way to provide supporting churches with a testimony of integrity as you serve Christ on the foreign mission field. If so, we would count it a privilege to serve you.
Since GFA considers its missionaries as part of the "GFA family," the application process begins with a personal knowledge of the missionary candidate. We take time to get to know the person before giving him or her an application. This enables us and the candidate to have confidence that the Lord has led us to work together. If you meet the qualifications and are interested in becoming a career missionary, please contact GFA.